You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘RecipEs’ category.
This is definitely my go to recipe when it comes to cupcakes! It’s so easy to make and the frosting is divine! Made this for Andy to take into work for his team! I also love this cupcake decor, very easy to make and very effective! Just print your design on a piece of A4 paper (I used 300gsm thick paper which is heavier and thicker than ur normal printing paper. But you can just use normal printing paper, it’s absolutely fine!) Cut them out to your desire shape and stick them onto a toothpick( I used food dye to dye the toothpicks green to match with my green graphics). I sticked my design double sided, so you can see the graphics on both sides 🙂 Give this a try, people will love them!
Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe, click here.
Cream Cheese Frosting
• 250g Cream Cheese
• 120g Unsalted Butter
• 2-3 Cup of Icing Sugar
1. Cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add in icing sugar half a cup at the time, until the frosting reaches your desire consistency 🙂
Note: Store frosted cupcakes in the fridge.
Love having this for breakfast on the weekend! It is so easy to make and always hit the spot!
Scramble Egg with Avocado Breakfast
• 3 eggs (light whisked)
• a handful of chives (roughly chopped)
1. Heat oil, cook eggs on pan and sprinkle chives all over the egg. Use fork to keep bringing the egg mixture into the center. Repeat this step until eggs are cooked but still runny. Serve straight away on toast and sliced avocado!
Recently went to this amazing afternoon tea held by my lovely friend Kate at her place on Melbourne Cup Day. Everyone brought in some real tasty bites! There were this awesome fresh baked cob dips made by the host, my all time favourite jelly slice, mini cute bite size sausage rolls, beautiful cheeses, dips and crackers…..oh I want to go back on that day…
Well I contributed something too! I made one of my favorite cupcakes – mini chocolate cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese frosting and some hidden strawberry purée inside! I also made poached chicken & chives sandwiches with home made mayonnaise! It was absolutely delicious! The home made mayo and fresh chives in this sandwich are the star components! I will post up that recipe soon!
This mini cheesecake with lemon curd on top is a perfect little treat for your morning tea, afternoon tea, desserts, breakfast………Just any time of the day really! I love my baked cheesecake by itself usually without any fruits but having the lemon curd in this cheesecake, just bring the whole thing to a different level! – its creamy, its refreshing, you wouldn’t be able to stop with just one of these minis! Please see my mini cheesecake post to get the recipe and get the lemon curd recipe from my strawberrt lemon tart post.
1. Make your lemon curd. Then follow the cheesecake recipe and after you have spoon the cheesecake mixture into the baking tray, spoon about a teaspoon of the lemon curd on top and use a toothpick and make the swirl pattern! Follow the instructions of the rest of the cheesecake recipe for baking time and how to store.
Its been about a month since I have moved houses, still can’t get back into my baking routine…..hence the lack of the new posts in the last couple of the months! But once I get rid of this cold, I will be back with some awesome baking posts ;)! I made this cappuccino cheese cake slice a couple of months ago, it was a great morning or afternoon tea treat with my coffee – yep! a double coffee hit! Always a lifesaver on those very ordinary working days!
Second time around when I made this, I made chocolate ganache and pour it over the filling and top with grated chocolate! That was a great addition to the slice, it reallygave the slice a much more chocolatley taste, to make this a true cappuccino slice!
- ¼ cup of plain flour
- 1/3 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 65g butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- 350g cream cheese
- 100g mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon coffee powder
- 50g grated dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 19cm square cake tin and line with baking paper, overhanging two opposite sides.
- Sift the flours and coca into a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar and make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the egg, vanilla essence, butter and milk until well combined. Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 10-15 minutes and then cool completely. Reduce the oven to 160C.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese, mascarpone and sour cream with electric beaters for 3 minutes, or until smooth. Add the sugar in batches and beat for another 3 minutes. Add the eggs gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Dissolve the coffee in a little warm water, add to the filling and beat until well combined. Pour over the base. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until set. Leave in the tin to cool completely. Cut into slices, top with grated chocolate and serve.
This has to be one of the easiest cake I make all the time!! All you need to do is blend the orange – yes! the whole thing! with skin and all! No need to boil at first, just chunck it in the food processor or use a stick master! Then process butter, sugar and eggs together, finally fold in some flour and choc chips- there you have it, a perfect cake batter! And it is always guarantee to turn out perfectly moist and yummy!! Even if you are not a big jaffa fan, you should definitely give this try! This might just be the cake that will turn your taste buds around!
Chocolate Chips Orange Cake
- 1 Thin Skinned Orange, skin on chopped
- 200G Unsalted Butter, chopped
- 1 Cup Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1x250g Dark Choc Chips
- 2 Cups of Self-Raising Flour
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C. Grease deep 22cm cake pan and line base. (I used a loaf tin here)
2. Process orange in food processor until almost smooth. Add butter and sugar. Process until combined. Then add eggs one at the time. Process until just combined between additions.
3. Transfer orange mixture to a large mixing bowl, add flour and choc chips. Pour into pan.
4. Bake for 50min – 1hr. Cool in pan for 5 mins. Turn onto wire rack to cool.
Give this cake a go! You won’t regret it!!