Cheesecake is one of my favourite desserts, I love that they are so rich, creamy and satisfying, always hit the spot when I have them! I don’t make a whole cheesecake a lot, but I love making these mini individual cheesecakes, they are just so cute! They are also a winner to bring to a dinner party or afternoon tea, they taste fantastic and look gorgeous and only takes a little effort to make them! Trust me, this mini cheesecake will make you seem like a cheesecake making pro!
Cheesecake mixture is very forgiving, you cant really stuff it up, the most important thing when it comes down to baking cheesecake is -NOT to over bake it! If you over baked your cheesecake, it will come out dry and not creamy. So when you take out your cheesecake from the oven, the edge of the cheesecake should be set but when you gently shake the muffin tray, the center of the cheesecake should be a bit wobbly – that will set after chilling in the fridge for 2-4 hours or overnight. And there, you will have one rich, creamy, tasty cheesecake!
Mini Baked Cheesecake – Make 10
(Recipe from Exclusively Food)
- 150g Nice biscuits (we use Arnott’s brand)
- 70g butter, melted
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 75g (1/3 cup) caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- 1 large egg (we use eggs with a minimum weight of 59g)
- 20ml (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- 100ml (5 tablespoons) thickened cream (about 35 percent fat)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (160 degrees Celsius fan-forced).Line 10 holes of a muffin pan muffin cases.
- Finely crush biscuits in a food processor or blender. Then mix crushed biscuits with melted butter.
- Divide biscuit mixture evenly among cases (about one firmly packed tablespoon of biscuit mixture per case). Firmly press mixture down with the back of a teaspoon until smooth. Set bases aside while making the filling.
- Beat cream cheese and caster sugar in an electric mixer or food processor. Stop the machine a couple of times to scrape down the sides and base of the bowl. When the mixture is completely smooth and creamy, add egg and beat until combined. Add lemon juice and cream and beat until well combined. Divide mixture evenly among cases.
- Bake cheesecakes for 17-20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecakes from pan, place in an airtight container and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight. Cheesecakes are ready to serve when they are cold and set. Remove cases before serving.
1. Serve with your choice of fruits. I like mine with strawberries or rapsberries or blueberries and also mango or kiwi fruits! Or sometimes, just good old plain cheesecake! Classic!