Hi to you all! Im back from my awesome trip to China and Hong Kong last week, unfortunately got sick the next day and have been in bed for 5 days with a very bad flu and virus 😦 but i am on the road of recovery, feeling much better today! So I thought I would share this apricot oat slice that i made few months ago with you 🙂
This slice will top any health bars that you will ever get from the supermarket! This slice is packed with good stuff: wholemeal flour, oats, apricot, honey, desiccated coconut! You will actually get a decent size of apricot bite in this slice, not those tiny mini cube super dry apricot in those store bought breakfast bar! Yuk! This is healthy and taste great, best for morning or after snack! Have I mentioned how super easy this is to make??
Cooking Summary : Pretty much chunk all the ingredients in one bowl, mix til combine, spread across on baking tray, bake for 25min = Done and Done!
Apricot oat slice
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour (I used wholemeal plain flour instead)
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dried apricots diced, soaked in water for an hr then drained
- extra desiccated coconut for coating
- Sift and mix plain flour with baking powder, sugar, coconut and oats.
- Combine with egg, honey and apricots. Mix.
- Place all of the mixture in a lined slice pan and then sprinkle the top with coconut.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake at 170C in a preheated oven for 15mins.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. (While still warm, slice to pieces into slices)
- Make sure you do soak the dried apricots, I was gonna skip this step because I couldnt be bothered, but I am so glad i did soak them at the end. Soaking them help re-inject some liquid into the apricot and made them puffier and juicer!
- Save some water from the soaking and add about 2 tbsp of the water to wet the mixture a bit more.
- Next time I will take out the sugar, the honey and apricot is sweet enough for this slice.