Lovely! Dan brought home this massive box of hand picked fresh oranges and lemons from the weekend, I think I am pretty set with my vitamin C intake for the next couple of months! I am excited about these little yellow babies, you can do so much with them! And straight away, I remember this creamy lemon bar post I saw on Pioneer Woman a while ago and has been on my mind ever since! With these fresh lemons I have no excuse not to give that recipe a try!
I love all kind of lemony desserts, they always taste so fresh and light and I could eat on and on and never feel sick afterwards! Plus its lemon! its good for u! In fact, I should eat up!
Anywhoooo, this slice is absolutely beautiful!
I have only recently learnt how to make crumble and it is THE EASIEST thing to make!! You just cant stuff it up and taste fantastic! I just love them and it gives such a great texture to the creamy filling in this slice.
Try this recipe out! Its super easy to make, you cant stuff it! I promise!
Cooking Summary: Mix together butter, sugar, flour and oats. Press half the mixture into a tray to form the base. Mix together condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon zest, spread this mixture on top of the base. Sprinkle the rest of the crumbs on top. Bake for 20-25mins Chill in the fridge for 2 hrs. Serve Cool! YUM!
- 1-⅓ cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 stick (1/2 Cup) Butter, Slightly Softened
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (lightly Packed)
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 can (14 Ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ cups Lemon Juice
- Zest Of 1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix butter and brown sugar until well combined.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add oats and flour to butter/sugar mixture and mix to combine.
- Press half of crumb mixture into the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Mix together condensed milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Spread onto the bottom layer of the crumb mixture. Top with the other half of the crumb mixture, but don’t press.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow pan to sit on counter for 30 minutes after baking. Cut into squares and refrigerate for a couple of hours or until cool.
- Serve cool.