These biscuits are the BEST and EASIEST biscuits I have ever made!! No kidding! These Viennese fingers just melt in your mouth, and with the chocolate coating, oh my, they are absolutely beautiful!! All you need to do is to cream the butter and sugar together and mix the flour in. Pipe them out, bake them, dip them in melted chocolate!
With very little effort, you can make these beautiful biscuits! They taste and look even better than the ones from the bakery! Share them with your friends and family, trust me, you will be one popular girl! Or guy!
Viennese Fingers (make 26)
- 250g unsalted butter, soften
- 70 g icing sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 75g corn flour
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 200g dark chocolate
- Using a wooden spoon or electric cream butter and icing sugar until it is pale and fluffy.
- Add in flour and corn flour and mix with a wooden spoon until mixture is combined.
- Now mix vanilla essence in with the biscuits dough.
- Pipe the biscuits on the tray they will be baked on and make sure they are spaced sufficiently apart because they do expand.
- Bake the biscuits at 170°c for 15-18 minutes until lightly golden brown. Then place them onto a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
- Melt the chocolate and dip one third of the cooled biscuit into it to coat.
- Leave the chocolate to set completely.
- My biscuits were a bit under done at the 15 minute mark, so I left them for another 2-3 mins and there they were – perfect! The biscuits were still quite soft at this point, but don’t picnic, they will firm up as they cool down.
- For presentation, I dipped half the biscuit into the melted chocolate, but next time I am gonna dip the biscuits side way so I get to have the chocolatey goodness for every bite of the biscuit!
- I used an oversize tip (about 25mm big) to pip out the Viennese fingers for about 6cm long.