You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘risotto’ tag.
I havent made risotto for ages, thought i would make it with some delicious roasted sweet potatos!
Chicken, Sweet Potato & Peas Risotto (Serve 4-6, adapted from recipe book In the Kitchen)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut in cubes
- olive oil
- 350g chicken breast, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 500g (2 ½ Cup) Arborio rice
- 250ml (1 cup) white wine
- 1-1½ Litres hot chicken stock (salt reduced)
- 150g peas
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- salt & pepper
- 90g butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 180C. Toss the sweet potato with oil, salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 25-30mins or until sweet potato is tender and golden. Set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add oil and chicken to cook for 5-6 minute, until chicken is completely cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add oil, onion and garlic to cook for 3-4min, until fragrant and soft. Add rice and stir to coat with oil and then cook briefly. Add wine and stir until it is absorbed.
- begin adding the hot stock – just enough to cover the rice at first, then a ladleful at a time as the stock is absorbed. Stir well with each addition of stock. Continue cooking for 15-20 mins, until the rice is just done but each grain is still slightly firm in the center. Add chicken, sweet potato and peas for the last 5 mins of cooking.
- Remove from heat. Add in parmesan and butter and stir until the risotto is creamy and cheese has melted. Check seasoning and serve!
- Original recipe uses pancetta instead of chicken. You can also substitute with becon or prosciutto!