You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘orange’ tag.
This has to be one of the easiest cake I make all the time!! All you need to do is blend the orange – yes! the whole thing! with skin and all! No need to boil at first, just chunck it in the food processor or use a stick master! Then process butter, sugar and eggs together, finally fold in some flour and choc chips- there you have it, a perfect cake batter! And it is always guarantee to turn out perfectly moist and yummy!! Even if you are not a big jaffa fan, you should definitely give this try! This might just be the cake that will turn your taste buds around!
Chocolate Chips Orange Cake
- 1 Thin Skinned Orange, skin on chopped
- 200G Unsalted Butter, chopped
- 1 Cup Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1x250g Dark Choc Chips
- 2 Cups of Self-Raising Flour
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C. Grease deep 22cm cake pan and line base. (I used a loaf tin here)
2. Process orange in food processor until almost smooth. Add butter and sugar. Process until combined. Then add eggs one at the time. Process until just combined between additions.
3. Transfer orange mixture to a large mixing bowl, add flour and choc chips. Pour into pan.
4. Bake for 50min – 1hr. Cool in pan for 5 mins. Turn onto wire rack to cool.
Give this cake a go! You won’t regret it!!