You are currently browsing the monthly archive for October 2011.
Its been about a month since I have moved houses, still can’t get back into my baking routine…..hence the lack of the new posts in the last couple of the months! But once I get rid of this cold, I will be back with some awesome baking posts ! I made this cappuccino cheese cake slice a couple of months ago, it was a great morning or afternoon tea treat with my coffee – yep! a double coffee hit! Always a lifesaver on those very ordinary working days!
Second time around when I made this, I made chocolate ganache and pour it over the filling and top with grated chocolate! That was a great addition to the slice, it reallygave the slice a much more chocolatley taste, to make this a true cappuccino slice!
- ¼ cup of plain flour
- 1/3 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 65g butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- 350g cream cheese
- 100g mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon coffee powder
- 50g grated dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 19cm square cake tin and line with baking paper, overhanging two opposite sides.
- Sift the flours and coca into a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar and make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the egg, vanilla essence, butter and milk until well combined. Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 10-15 minutes and then cool completely. Reduce the oven to 160C.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese, mascarpone and sour cream with electric beaters for 3 minutes, or until smooth. Add the sugar in batches and beat for another 3 minutes. Add the eggs gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Dissolve the coffee in a little warm water, add to the filling and beat until well combined. Pour over the base. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until set. Leave in the tin to cool completely. Cut into slices, top with grated chocolate and serve.