Theses choc chunk cookies are AWESOME!!! They are just like ones that you get at subway and i LOVEEEE subway cookies and these ones are of cause much better, you will get the full experience with real big chunk of good quality chocolate! They have a crisp edge but beautifully soft and chewy on the inside!
The original recipe used chocolate chunks, I broke up a block of dark chocolate into chunks to put into the cookie mixture, they sort of melted through the cookies during baking. When I took a bite into a fresh cookie from the oven, the melted chocolate rushed out into my mouth , it was delicious!!! A moment I wont forget!!
The Best Ever Chocolate Chunk Cookies
(Recipe from Crepes of Wrath)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups dark chocolate chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease and or line your cookie sheets.
2. Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together and set aside.
3. Mix the sugars and melted butter just until thoroughly mixed, then add egg, yolk and vanilla and mix until creamy. Add the sifted ingredients and mix until just blended – don’t over beat!
4. Stir in the chocolate chunks, then drop dough a bit less than 1/4 cup at a time on a cookie sheet, about 3 inches apart, and bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on the size of your cookies.
5. Leave them on the cookie sheet to cool a bit when removed from the oven (this is important as they fall apart if you move them too quickly). Once they cool a few minutes, remove the cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Makes 12-15 cookies, depending on their size.
- I did found that the cookies were a bit too sweet using the original recipe measurement. I would half the brown sugar to 1/2 cup and 1/4cup of white sugar next time!